UP Bakri Palan Yojana – The Uttar Pradesh government runs schemes from time to time to employ the citizens of the state, similarly, the Goat Farming Loan Scheme in Uttar Pradesh (उत्तर प्रदेश बकरी पालन योजना स्कीम) is run by the state government if you are a small business entrepreneur. If you are looking for a more profitable business with less capital, goat farming may be a good option.
Under the Uttar Pradesh Goat Farming Scheme, the government will provide a subsidy of up to 50% to provide employment opportunities to the youth. How to apply under UP Bakri Palan Yojana and how many goat units will be given for the grant. To get information related to all this, you should read this article in detail until the end.
Post of Contents
UP Bakri Palan Yojana 2024
UP Bakri Palan Yojana is one of the beneficial schemes for the citizens of the state and the government aims to employ educated and uneducated citizens of the state without any qualification through this loan scheme. The revised scheme of the National Livestock Mission (NLM) aims to create employment opportunities, develop entrepreneurship, and increase animal productivity thereby targeting increased production of meat, goat milk, eggs, and wool under the overall development program. The surplus production will help in export earnings after meeting domestic demand. The concept of the NLM scheme is to develop the entrepreneur to create forward and backward linkage of products available in the unorganized sector and linkage with the organized sector.
Information about UP Bakri Palan Yojana
|UP Bakri Palan Loan Yojana
उत्तर प्रदेश बकरी पालन योजना 2024
|by Uttar Pradesh Government
|Department of Animal Husbandry
National Livestock Mission (NLM)
|Citizens of the State
|To promote self-employment and increase farmer’s income
Objectives of UP Bakri Palan Loan Yojana
NLM aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Generating employment opportunities through entrepreneurship development in the small ruminants, poultry, pig, and feed sectors.
- Increasing animal productivity through improving breeds.
- Increased production of meat, eggs, goat milk, wool, and fodder.
- Increased availability of feed and feed to significantly reduce demand – by enhancing the forage seed supply chain and availability of certified forage seeds.
- Encouraging the establishment of feed manufacturing units to reduce the gap between supply and demand.
- Strengthen risk management measures including livestock insurance for farmers.
- Promoting applied research in the priority areas of poultry, sheep, goats, fodder, and fodder.
- Building the capacities of state employees and livestock owners by strengthening extension mechanisms to provide high-quality extension services to farmers.
- Promoting skills-based training and dissemination of technologies to reduce production costs and improve livestock sector production.
Benefits and Features of the Uttar Pradesh Bakri Palan Yojana
- The loan facility will be provided by the UP government through the Uttar Pradesh Bakri Palan Yojana.
- Through this scheme, farmers will be able to increase their income by raising goats.
- Goat farming is an increasing source of wealth for farmers. Which will help double farmers’ income.
- Under this scheme, a condition has been made by the Livestock and Dairying Department to give a maximum grant of 50% for setting up 5 types of units from 100 to 500 goats.
- Through this scheme, residents of the state are encouraged to raise goats to help with employment.
- Money can be made by selling goat or sheep’s hair.
- You can earn good money by doing goat business. Apart from this, additional income can also be earned by selling goat milk.
Eligibility for UP Bakri Palan Yojana
- The applicant must be a citizen of Uttar Pradesh.
- Farmers from poor families in rural areas of the state will be eligible to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- The applicant must be over 18 years old.
- Any man or woman can apply for this as a single farmer.
- Farmers must have sufficient land to set up a goat-rearing unit.
- Farmers’ cooperative societies, farmers’ joint liability groups, and companies formed under Section 8 of the Companies Act will also be eligible for the scheme.
- To establish a large goat farming unit, the applicant must have a training certificate in goat farming.
Indicative List Of Farms For Goat Germplasm
Government Goat Breeding Farms:
|Name of the Farm
|Kotulpur Goat cum Fodder Farm, Murakata, Kotaipur, Bankura
|Goat (Black Bengal)
|Goat Farm under WBLDC, Hainghata Farm, Mohanpur, Nadia-West Bengal
|Goat (Black Bengal)
|Dairy Goat Farm Rajbagh, Jammu
|Beetal Goat 327
|Goat Breeding Centre, Dhoni, Kerala
2. Attapatti Black
|Goat Breeding Centre, Puthur, Kerala
Private Goat Breeding Farm:
|Name of the Farm
|Raajdeep goat farm, vill – Shivlalpur Joshi – Bailpokhra (Ramnagar) Distt. Nainital
|Barbari, Pantaza, Sirohi, Totapari, Local breads
|Mohd Rashid, Star Goat Farm, Vrindavan, Mathura, UP
|Ganesh Ram, VPO Dhodhsar, Distt Jaipur, Rajasthan
|Ajay Parihar, UTTRAKHAND ORGANIC GOAT FARM, Village Mujholi Tehsel Ranikhet, District Almora, Uttrakhand
|Sawai Singh, Village Narwa, dist. Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
|Bhagwan Singh Arya, Bharatpur
|Krishna Kumar A N, Vistara Goat Farms, 158, Padmaupadya Layout, Nagadevanahalli, Kengeri, Mandya District, Bengaluru Karnataka.
|Deepak Patidar, Goatwala Farm, Village Sundrel, Tehsil Dharampuri, Distt. Dhar MP
|Sirohi, Sojat, Barbari, Beetal
|Sudhir Navnath Funde, Kamdhenu Agro Animals, Gat no 164 Waghud Post Dhanora Ta Malkapur Dist Buldhana Maharashtra
Note: The above lists are indicative and not exhaustive. The administration may, upon its request, add to the list. The purchase of materials/inputs is the responsibility of the purchaser.
The following documents must be uploaded while applying:
- Proof of the applicant’s share in the project
- A list of the names of farmers attached to the project
- Proof of address of the applicant
- Audited financial statements for 3 years (in the case of a company)
- Income tax returns for the last 3 years
- Bank statement for the last 6 months
- Pan/Aadhar card for chief promoters
- Caste certificate (if any)
- Training certificate
- Experience certificate
- Scanned Photo
- Scanned signature
UP Bakri Palan Yojana Online Registration
If you want to apply under Goat Farming Scheme in Uttar Pradesh, you can easily apply online by following the procedure given below.
National livestock mission goat farming
- First, you must visit the official website of the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying – https://nlm.udyamimitra.in/.
- After that, the main page of the site will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the Apply Here option.
- Once you click, a new page will open in front of you.
- Now you have to click on the option to Login as an Entrepreneur on this page.
- After that, you will have to enter your mobile number and click on the I am not a robot option.
- After that, you will have to click on the Request OTP option.
- Now an OTP will come on your mobile number which you will have to verify. After that, the application form will open in front of you.
- You must enter the necessary information requested in the application form.
- After entering all the information, you will have to upload the required documents. Finally, you have to click on the submit option.
- Based on your application and documents, physical verification of lands and other resources will be conducted by the Animal Husbandry Department Officer.
- After verification, once you receive approval, you will start receiving the grant in installments based on work.
- This way, you can benefit from applying to the Bakri Palan Yojana in Uttar Pradesh.
Understand the Process of AVAILING a Loan
Online Application Form
Properly understand the information and documents required to fill out the online application form (LAF) under the Scheme. Keep all information and documents ready before starting the application process.
- View/download the application form
- View/download the list of required documents
Download PDF or DOCx file here –https://nlm.udyamimitra.in/
Screening of the application by the State Implementation Agency (SIA)
SIA will examine the submitted application and will recommend the eligible project entrepreneurs/entities to avail the balance financing for the project through scheduled banks or financial institutions like National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) etc.
Loan sanction by the lender
After the project is recommended by SIA, the matter will be considered by the bank or financial institutions for financing. The lender will select the application with all documents from the portal and will approve the loan after examining the project/documents submitted by the applicant and completing the diligent internal process. After approval of the loan, the lender will upload the sanction letter on the online portal.
Recommendation from the State Level Executive Committee (SLEC)
Once the bank or financial institution approves the project, the SIA must place the same in the SLEC to recommend the application to the Central Government (Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying).
Approval of subsidy by DAHD
DAHD will approve the subsidy and will approve it on the online portal.
Disbursement and release of the subsidy
After complying with the terms and conditions mentioned in the sanction letter, the lender will disburse the loan amount to the beneficiary. Funding the subsidy amount for approved projects through the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to the lending bank or financial institutions as the case may be to release the subsidy to the beneficiaries.
|Performa For Integrity Compliance
|Undertaking From Applicant For Bank Guarantee
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Address: Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Room No. 245, Krishi Bhawan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi-110001
- Phone No.: 011-23387804, 011-23389206
- For portal-related queries, Kindly write us on the NLM Portal Help Desk nlm.support[at]sidbi[dot]in.
- Details of Nodal Officer of State Implementing Agency (SIA)
Considering the important role of animal husbandry in increasing farmers’ income, the central government has initiated a goat husbandry scheme under the National Livestock Mission to provide a grant ranging from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 50 lakh to encourage goat husbandry.
Yes, to submit an application you must register on the portal with your mobile phone number. Once the mobile number is provided, the One Time Password (OTP) is received on the registered mobile number (RMN).
The loan can be obtained from any scheduled bank or financial institution. The applicant will be able to choose their preferred bank from the drop-down list during the application process in the portal.
The subsidy amount will be released in two equal installments. The first batch will be issued at the beginning of the project and the second batch will be issued after the project is completed and duly verified by the government implementing agency.