West Bengal Chaa Sundari Housing Scheme for Tea Workers | WB Chaa Sundari Prokolpo | পশ্চিমবঙ্গ চা সুন্দরী প্রকল্প 2022-23 | west bengal government schemes list 2021 2022 | Chaa Sundari Registration on Official Website
Dear readers, the West Bengal state government launched a WB Chaa Sundari scheme that has been concerned with authorities to help all the workers working on the tea crop. Cha Sundari Yojana is a housing scheme by West Bengal. The scheme is for all state workers who work in tea gardens. The scheme offers various advantages for the general upgrading of tea garden workers, by providing houses, food rations, and increasing wages.
We will tell you all the information related to the scheme like how to apply for West Bengal Chaa Sundari Scheme, চা সুন্দরী স্কিম, highlights, benefits, eligibility, documents required, application form, etc. If you want to know more information regarding the scheme, then you have to read the article we have provided.
West Bengal Chaa Sundari Scheme
পশ্চিমবঙ্গ চা সুন্দরী প্রকল্প সম্পর্কে – Under the Chaa Sundari scheme, the Chief Minister of State Mamata Banerjee is about to provide houses for the tea garden workers. The scheme proposes to cover the North Bengal area with the construction of houses for more than 750 working labor families. The Chaa Sundari scheme will cover workers who currently work in the 370 gardens under the tea plantation.
The scheme also prepares a food support-based ratio for all these families of workers. Also, since all these workers are employed at minimum wages, the government demands that the wages of these workers be re-examined. Thus, the scheme is designed in such a way as to provide maximum benefits to the women and the communities of the Scheduled Tribes in these areas.
The scheme was initially submitted by the Minister of the Department of Labour, West Bengal on 17 September 2020. Then, the Finance minister of West Bengal, Mr. Amit Mitra, announced the scheme in the state budget for 2020-21. Considering the economic condition of these areas, a fund has been allocated to the scheme in the amount of Rs. 500 crore rupees.
Highlights of West Bengal Chaa Sundari Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Chaa Sundari Scheme|
পশ্চিমবঙ্গ চা সুন্দরী প্রকল্প
|Launched by||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Scheme Objective||Provide benefits to the tea garden workers|
|Benefits||Houses, subsidized ration, more wages to tea garden labors|
|Beneficiaries||Tea Labors of the state|
WB Chaa Sundari Scheme Objective
- Before that, tea workers used to get Rs. 67 as daily wages and now the state government will build it up to Rs 176.
- Before long, tea workers’ salaries will likely be rechecked again.
- TMC Service said Mamata Banerjee has led the state government to work a ton for the advancement of tea workers.
- The WB state government has taken on the task of promoting the return of 3 closed tea houses in Dooars.
- The fund division has confirmed the return of the closed Madhu, Bundapani, and Surendranagar tea fields which were nearby during recent years.
Benefits of the West Bengal Chaa Sundari scheme
The state government already offers some benefits like Rs. 2/kg rice, health benefits, free electricity, and midday meals for school children tea garden workers. Apart from this, with this new scheme, the government is promising a wide range of benefits ranging from food and housing to wages. All of these benefits are listed below.
- Wage Increase/Re-examination – Chaa Sundari scheme promises to improve the wages of labor in the tea garden from Rs. 67 to 176 rupees.
- Ration Card Subsidy – The state government is also expanding the scheme to provide subsidized food grains to people belonging to these areas.
- Pucca Homes– As a major component of the scheme, in the coming years the government will provide sufficient funds to build homes for tea garden workers.
Eligibility Criteria for the Chaa Sundari Scheme
The schemes have certain criteria which are necessary for any applicant to meet to get the benefits of the Chaa Sundari scheme. The eligibility criteria are:
- The benefits will extend to workers belonging to West Bengal.
- Families wishing to take advantage of the benefits under the scheme must be under the below poverty line (BPL) category.
- The beneficiary also must not already own a home in the state.
Documents Required for the Scheme
Although no documents are formally specified by the authority, some of the common documents that will be required for the scheme are:
- Aadhar Card
- Certificate of residence
- Job-related certificate
- BPL ration card (copy)
- Statement from Officer Gram Panchayat
- Professional certificate
Application Process for West Bengal Cha Sundari Scheme
As the state government prepares all schemes before state elections, no implementation process for this scheme has been defined. Although as soon as any notification regarding the scheme is issued by the authority, the same will be updated here. Hence, applicants should follow this website for further updates on this scheme.
Important Points of the Chaa Sundari Scheme
- For the nearly 3 lakh permanent workers in the state’s 370 tea gardens, there’s something to cheer about, too.
- Among them, nearly 50 percent are women and the majority belong to scheduled tribe communities.
- The state government is already offering rice at Rs 2 per kg, free electricity, health benefits, mid-day meals to their school-going children, and many other benefits.
- Although many of these workers do not have a home to call due to their poor economic condition.
- With this in mind, the state government has introduced a scheme called “Chaa Sundari”.
- Under this, within the next three years, the government will provide funds to build houses for all permanent tea garden workers who do not have a home of their own.
- Rs 500 crore has been earmarked for the 2020-2021 financial year scheme.
For more details, please visit the official website in below –
Here we have provided all the information about the “Chaa Sundari Housing Scheme“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.