Global Housing Technology Challenge GHTC-India 2022 | ग्लोबल हाउसिंग टेक्नोलॉजी चैलेंज | ghtc-india.gov.in official website | lighthouse projects under ghtc-india upsc | global housing technology challenge kya hai | Global Housing Technology Challenge in Hindi / English
As part of GHTC-India (Global Housing Technology Challenge GHTC-India / ग्लोबल हाउसिंग टेक्नोलॉजी चैलेंज), six Light House Projects (LHP) consisting of around 1,000 houses/homes with physical and social infrastructure facilities are being established in six places/locations across the country which is Indore, Rajkot. Chennai. Ranchi. Agartala and, Lucknow. These projects will demonstrate the use of the six distinct innovative technologies that are summarized for field-level application, learning, and replication. LHPs will demonstrate and offer ready-to-live group residences at a rapid pace compared to traditional brick-and-mortar construction and will be more economical, sustainable, high quality, and durable. These projects should serve as living laboratories for all stakeholders including research and development leading to the successful transfer of technologies from the laboratory to the field.
Details of the Global Housing Technology Challenge – GHTC-India
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning scheme has launched the Global Housing Technology Challenge – India (GHTC-India) which aims to identify and popularize a basket of innovative building technologies from around the world for the sustainable, environmentally friendly, and disaster-resistant housing construction sector.
LHPs are model housing projects with homes built with a shortened alternative technology that is suitable for the region’s dangerous climatic conditions. This will result in the demonstration and delivery of ready-to-live homes with speed, economy, and better build quality in a sustainable manner. The construction period is a maximum of 12 months from the date of handing over the sites to the construction agency after all legal approvals. Approvals will be granted through a fast-track process by the relevant state government.
These LHPs should act as LIVE laboratories for various aspects of the transfer of technologies to field application, such as planning, design, production of components, construction practices, testing, etc. for both faculty, students, builders, professionals from the private and public sectors, and other stakeholders involved in such construction.
Six technology providers were selected through a rigorous online bidding process to build Light House Projects (LHPs) at six different locations in six states.
|LHP LOCATION||TECHNOLOGY SELECTED||NUMBER OF HOUSES TO BE CONSTRUCTED|
|Prefabricated Sandwich Panel System||1024|
|Monolithic Concrete Construction using Tunnel Formwork||1144|
|Precast Concrete Construction System – Precast Components Assembled at Site||1152|
|Precast Concrete Construction System – 3D Volumetric||1008|
|Light Gauge Steel Structural System & Pre-engineered Steel Structural System||1000|
|PVC Stay In Place Formwork System||1040|
Salient features of the Global Housing Technology Challenge – GHTC-India
- LHP refers to a typical housing project of nearly 1,000 houses/homes built with an alternative, abbreviated technology suitable for the dangerous climatic conditions of the region. This will result in the demonstration and delivery of ready-to-live houses with speed, economy, and better build quality in a sustainable manner.
- The minimum size of homes constructed with LHP should be in accordance with the guidelines prevailing in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
- The housing constructed under LHP will include the development of on-site infrastructure such as internal roads, paths, common green area, boundary wall, water supply, sewage, sewage, rainwater harvesting, solar lighting, outdoor electricity, etc.
- Homes under LHP will be designed keeping in mind the dimensional requirements stipulated in the National Building Code (NBC) 2016 with good aesthetics, adequate ventilation, and orientation, as required to suit the site’s climatic conditions and adequate storage space, etc.
- Convergence with other centrally sponsored schemes and missions such as Smart Cities, AMRUT, Swachh Bharat (U), National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), Ujjwalla, Ujala and Make in India should be ensured while designing LHPs at each site.
- Structural details shall be designed to meet durability and safety requirements for applicable loads including earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods as appropriate as per applicable Indian / international standards.
- The block design may include an innovative water supply and drainage system, rainwater harvesting, and renewable energy sources with a special focus on solar energy.
- The construction period will be a maximum of 12 months from the date of handing over the sites to the winning bidder after all legal approvals. Approvals will be granted through a fast-track process by the relevant state / UT Government.
- Technology providers who successfully complete the construction of LHPs within the specified 15-month period of the contract (including 3 months for preparing the relevant drawings and taking all statutory approvals from various agencies in the state followed by a 12-month period for the actual construction) will be rewarded in USD 20,000 each. An additional incentive is provided for early completion as technology providers who complete LHPs in less than 12 months will receive a progressively higher reward of $ 2000 for each month less than the specified period of 12 months.
- For the subsequent assignment of homes constructed under LHPs to eligible beneficiaries in states / UTs, procedures for PMAY (U) current guidelines will be followed.
What benefits the Global Housing Technology Challenge – GHTC-India?
- Get a chance to showcase their emerging technologies at Expo.
- An opportunity to apply their technology on the ground as a government-approved housing project.
- An opportunity to enter the huge housing construction market in the country.
- The technology could be transferred to India.
- They could establish their production units in the country, which could lead to the uptake of new technologies in the construction industry.
- Take advantage of their technologies which are later incorporated into the schedule of Rates (SORs) and standards.
Light House Projects Listings – GHTC-India
- Agartala, Tripura: – Light Gauge Steel structural system and pre-engineered steel structural system.
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu: – Precast concrete building system – Precast components assembled on site.
- INDORE, MADHYA PRADESH: – prefabricated sandwich panel system.
- LUCKNOW, UTTAR PRADESH: – formwork system in place.
- Rajkot, Gujarat: – monolithic concrete building system.
- RANCHI, JHARKHAND: – 3D volumetric precast concrete building system.
Eligibility and the Global Housing Technology Challenge process
Who can participate in the Expo?
- Technology providers from all over the globe/world with proven housing construction technologies.
- Researchers, R&D institutions, start-ups, and innovators working on potential building materials and technologies in India.
- States / UTs, SLNA of PMAY (U), state housing boards, persons with disabilities, and other parastatal departments of a similar nature.
- Faculty members and students of technical institutions.
- Public and private construction agencies.
- Officials from other ministries such as defense, human resource development, science and technology, energy, environment, forestry, and climate change.
- Developers/builders / contracting agencies dealing with tried and licensed alternative technologies.
In the challenge (competition) process, who can participate?
- Technology providers from around the world have demonstrated an alternative new building technology for Light House projects.
- Researchers, startups, and innovators from India, who have worked on potential building materials and technologies and developed technologies/prototypes but need some technical support and guidance to get them to a logical conclusion.
- Developers/builders / contracting agencies dealing with tried and licensed alternative technologies.
What is the role of state / UTs in GHTC?
- States / UTs are expected to participate actively in this initiative from the government of India.
- States / UTs are encouraged to be part of this challenge and advance with suitable land, as provided for the Light House Project, and take advantage of this unique opportunity to introduce new technology installed in their state.
- States / UTs may apply for the designated prototype to participate in the Light House project.
- The determination will be made by TEC.
What are the states / UTs requirements for selecting sites for Light House projects?
The land shall be free of at least one or two hectares of all burdens.
Other selection criteria would be:
- The proximity of the site to the city center, and the site’s connection to water supply, sewage, electricity, and public transportation.
- Site readiness without the need for additional development work.
- Commitment to financial assistance.
- Commitment to facilitate the development of new technology components as needed.
- Performance in implementing PMAY (U).
Who are the beneficiaries of the lighthouse projects and who will choose the beneficiaries?
The beneficiary will be selected for the Homes constructed under the Light House Project by the States / UTs according to PMAY (U) guidelines.
Registration form procedures for the Global Housing Technology Challenge
- Firstly, visit the official website of GHTC-India at https://ghtc-india.gov.in/.
- After that, a page will open on your screen.
- Now on the official GHTC website, you will get the option to register online ENROLMENT FORM in the site’s menu bar – https://ghtc-india.gov.in/UserHome/index.
- Now click on the option and read and fill in the mandatory details like – Name, Gender, Category, Participant Category, Captcha, and more.
- Now fill in the verified Captcha code and click on the Submit button.
Procedure for logging into the GHTC-India – जीएचटीसी-इंडिया में लॉग इन करने की प्रक्रिया
- First of all, you need to go to the official website of the Global Housing Technology Challenge – GHTC-India.
- On the homepage, you are asked to click login – https://ghtc-india.gov.in/userhome/login.
- The page will open in front of you.
- Now you have to enter your user id, password, and captcha code.
- After that, you have to click on Submit.
- By following this procedure, you can log into the portal.
Global Housing Technology Challenge – REGISTRATION FEE STRUCTURE
Where can I find out or learn more about GHTC-India?
The challenge website ghtc-india.gov.in will be updated with all the details related to the Challenge on a progressive basis. Those interested in receiving the latest updates on the challenge can subscribe to the free facility available on the website.
Contact Information for GHTC-India
- Address: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Maulana Azad Road, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011
- E-Mail Us: email@example.com
- Call Us at: +91-11-23063266
Important Liks of GHTC-India
|GHTC-India Official Website||Click Here|
|GHTC Scheme Application Forms||Click Here|
|GHTC REGISTRATION FEE||Click Here|
|GHTC-India Faqs||Click Here|
|Demonstration Housing Projects||Click Here|
|Construction Agency Login||Click Here|
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan Yojana 2022 Registration / Login | Students Apply Online for pmgdisha.in
[dcmsme.gov.in] Pradhan Mantri Yuva Rozgar Yojana 2022: Application Form, PMRY Loan Yojana Apply Online
Here we have provided all the information about the “Global Housing Technology Challenge“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.