The Madhya Pradesh state government recently launched Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana to cut the electricity bill for farmers. The main goal of Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana MP is to make state farmers self-sufficient so that farmers can do good cultivation.
This scheme will not only provide financial assistance to the peasant brothers but will also receive an exemption in their electricity bills.
Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana Madhya Pradesh 2021 – इंदिरा किसान ज्योति योजना MP
State governments from time to time formulate several schemes to waive farmer’s debts and reduce their problems. So farmers can get help and farmers can also help grow improved varieties. The Madhya Pradesh government is making a lot of effort on this.
After the Congress government of Madhya Pradesh came to power, another scheme to cut the electricity bill for farmers was launched.
Main Points of Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana
|Name of scheme||Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana|
|Plan announcement||By Chief Minister Kamal Nath|
|Total budget||7,117 crore|
|Relevant departments||Madhya Pradesh Energy Department|
|Official website||Click Here|
Highlights of MP Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana
Below are the characteristics of Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana:
Half of the electricity bill for farmers
Agricultural consumers who use agricultural pumps of up to 10 horsepower. In this scheme, the amount of electricity bill for these farmers has been halved. That is, they get a discount of up to 50%. So far they have been supplied with electricity at a rate of 88 pieces per unit for irrigation, and now this rate has been reduced to 44 pieces per unit.
Beneficiaries of the Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana
Under this scheme, farmers who use 5 to 10 horsepower agricultural pumps will be benefited. Which will be permanent and temporary. Among them, 16 lakh beneficiaries with 5 horsepower will be beneficiaries, 3 lakh temporary colonists, and 2 temporary lakh for agricultural pumps with 5 to 10 horsepower.
Five agricultural pumps with horsepower for consumers
If the farmer consumes 5 horsepower permanently for the agricultural pump. So they had to pay the electricity bill at Rs. 46,055 a year. They paid 7,000 rupees, and the rest was given by the government. But now they will have to pay an annual electricity bill of 3,500 rupees and the rest will be given by the state government.
For agricultural consumers from 5 to 10 horsepower
If the beneficiaries were consuming 10 horses, they would have previously had to pay Rs 1,400 per horse per year. Who has now decreased to 700 rupees? As well as farmers who are temporary agricultural consumers. They have to pay Rs. 1.92 per unit, which was previously Rs. 3.84 per unit.
Support to farmers was 9 thousand 700 crores earlier. Now it can increase to 10 thousand 400 crores. At least 19 lakhs from the country will benefit.
Electricity bill facility
People from rural areas as well belong to the stratified classes and tribes. So about 8 beneficiaries of Lakh who operate agricultural pumps of up to 5 horsepower with one hectare of land will not have to pay any electric bill as before. It will be totally free for them.
Eligibility Criteria for Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana Madhya Pradesh
To apply under Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana, the applicant must have the following eligibility criteria.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary must be the citizens of Madhya Pradesh.
- Besides, the beneficiary must be a farmer who belongs to a rural area.
- Under this scheme, people belonging to scheduled castes and tribes will also receive benefits.
- He should have documents related to agricultural pumps.
Under this scheme, benefits will be granted to those who install 5 and 10 horsepower agricultural pumps. Therefore, farmers will also have to provide information about their lands and the agricultural pump used there. For this, they can also show the electricity bill.
Documents Required for Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana
- Residence certificate for the applicant
- Find out about the agricultural and land pumps used there
- Caste Certificate
- Electricity bill
How to apply for Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana Madhya Pradesh? – इंदिरा किसान ज्योति योजना मध्य प्रदेश के लिए आवेदन कैसे करें?
- To take advantage of Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana, you should visit its official website mpenergy.nic.in.
- Here’s how to apply this scheme. And what will be its guidelines, all information will be received.
- In addition, you can also obtain the Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana application form from this portal.
- After that, you can carefully fill out the application form and send it online.
- Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana was launched by the Madhya Pradesh government to provide better energy facilities for poor state farmers for better planting. So that farmers do not bear the burden of the electric bill and can do the farming well.
Here we have provided all the information about the “Madhya Pradesh Indira Kisan Jyoti Yojana“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.