The MedTech Mitra portal was launched by Minister of Health, Family Welfare, Chemicals and Fertilizers Dr Mansukh Mandviya. It is an initiative to empower innovators and provide advanced healthcare solutions. The medical devices sector is an essential and integral component of the healthcare sector in India. In pursuit of Viksit Bharat’s vision, India is taking a holistic approach to health with a vision to transform the country’s health landscape by 2047.
Post of Contents
What is MedTech Mitra?
MedTech Mitra – MedTech innovators for clinical evaluation, regulatory facilitation, and uptake of new products.
MedTech Mitra is a platform that will help the young talents of the country by holding their hands and giving them the final form of their research, knowledge, and reasoning and helping them get regulatory approval. MedTech Mitra is a platform for budding entrepreneurs and innovators in India. It’s more than just an ecosystem, it’s a community. It is a harbinger of revolutionary change.
Through this portal, the local development of high-quality medical technology devices and diagnostics will be facilitated. Through this portal, young talents will get a platform to develop their medical devices. India depends on importing approximately 80% of medical instruments. With the implementation of this plan, medical devices will be developed within the country. The government will invest in various types of production-linked incentive schemes, and investment in medical pharmaceuticals and local development will also be facilitated to provide high-quality and affordable medical devices and diagnostics. Which will lead to a significant reduction in the sector’s dependence on imports.
Key Highlights of the MedTech Mitra Portal
|Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya
|Government of India
|Assisting medical technology entrepreneurs with clinical evaluation,
regulatory facilitation and acceptance of new products
|Citizens of India
|Download MedTech Brochure
MedTech Mitra Objective
The medical device industry is an essential part of the healthcare system in India. India is adopting a holistic approach to health to revolutionize the country’s healthcare system by 2047, in line with the Viksit Bharat’s vision.
- The main objective of MedTech Mitra is to motivate the young talents of the country to develop different types of medical devices within the country. So that the import of medical devices can be reduced.
- The government will invest in different types of incentives and investment plans. So that the medical sector can be developed.
- This scheme will also generate employment opportunities
- Otherwise, dependence on imports will also be reduced.
मेडटेक मित्र In Hindi
केन्द्रीय स्वास्थ्य एवं परिवार कल्याण और रसायन एवं उर्वरक मंत्री श्री मनसुख मांडविया ने मेडटेक मित्र: मेडटेक इनोवेटर्स और एडवांस हेल्थकेयर सॉल्यूशंस को सशक्त बनाने के लिए एक रणनीतिक पहल का वर्चुअल माध्यम से शुभारंभ किया
मेडटेक मित्र एक ऐसा मंच है जो देश की युवा प्रतिभाओं को सहायता प्रदान कर उनके शोध, ज्ञान, तर्क को अंतिम रूप देने और उन्हें नियामक अनुमोदन प्राप्त करने में मदद करेगा : डॉ. मनसुख मांडविया
चिकित्सा उपकरण क्षेत्र भारत के स्वास्थ्य सेवा क्षेत्र का एक महत्वपूर्ण और अभिन्न घटक है; विकसित भारत के विज़न की दिशा में, भारत 2047 तक देश में स्वास्थ्य परिदृश्य को बदलने के विज़न के साथ स्वास्थ्य के प्रति एक समग्र दृष्टिकोण अपना रहा है : डॉ. मनसुख मांडविया
मेडटेक मित्र भारत में नवोदित उद्यमियों और अन्वेषकों के लिए एक मंच है; यह मंच एक इकोसिस्टम, एक समुदाय से बढ़कर है; यह एक परिवर्तनकारी बदलाव का अग्रदूत है : प्रोफेसर एस.पी. सिंह बघेल
मेडटेक मित्र उभरते स्टार्टअप्स को सशक्त बनाएगा और नवाचारों में आसानी, अनुसंधान एवं विकास करने में आसानी, आत्मनिर्भर भारत के निर्माण में सेवा प्रदान करने में आसानी को सुनिश्चित करेगा : डॉ. वी. के.पॉलSource – https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1990270
Features and Benefits of the MedTech Mitra Portal
Some of the key features and benefits of MedTech Mitra are as follows:
- Medtech is the only industry with great growth potential.
- By 2030, MedTech business revenues in India are expected to reach $50 billion.
- This collaborative effort would make it easier for the country to produce inexpensive, high-quality medical technological diagnostic products and means, which would significantly reduce the industry’s dependence on imports.
- The minister said that India’s medical device industry is highly dependent on imports, with imports accounting for up to 80% of the market in some cases. However, the government implemented measures to ensure the local supply of medical equipment.
- The industry has advanced astronomically since the Production Linked Incentive Programs, investments in medicinal drug parks, medtech research policy, and MedTech research incentive programs were put in place.
- The government has developed a premium platform for medtech companies, after introducing the National Medical Devices Policy and a Rs 5,000-crore initiative to encourage research in the pharma and medtech industries.
- Industry statistics indicate that India barely has 1.5% of the global market for medical devices.
- India currently ranks fourth in Asia for the production of medical equipment and employs 8% of the world’s workforce in medical technology research and development.
Eligibility Criteria for the MedTech Mitra Programme
Applicants applying for MedTech Mitra must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be an entrepreneur in the healthcare field.
Services Available under the MedTech Mitra Portal
- Checking status
- Contact details
- Renew application etc
Online Application Process for MedTech Mitra
Under the guidance of NITI Aayog, the Indian Council of Medical Research in partnership with the Central Drugs Standards Control Organization (CDSCO) aims to promote the development of affordable and accessible indigenous medical devices/in vitro diagnostics by providing strategic support to MedTech innovators for clinical evaluation. Regulatory facilitation and uptake of new products.
- To become MedTech Mitra, you need to visit the official website medtechmitra.icmr.org.in.
- Now from the home page, you have to click on the option “Click here to apply for MedTech Mitra”.
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Enter all the data you want to fill in, such as the name of the innovator, type of applicant, company/Institute name, contact number, MedTech innovation information, etc. in the application form.
- Enter the capture code in the given box and click on the submit option.
- This way, you can easily apply to become a MedTech Mitra.
MedTech Mitra will answer innovators’ queries and provide personalized guidance in a meeting at the earliest in consultation with the regulatory body and other relevant stakeholders to provide strategic support.
Pre-appointment is essential as only 5-6 innovator slots are available at each meeting. Innovators are encouraged to make an appointment in advance by applying through the MedTech portal.
FAQs of MedTech portal
The government of India (GOI) launched the MedTech Mitra portal by Mansukh Mandaviya. Through this portal, the medical industry will be developed.
Under the Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog, the Central Drugs Standards Control Organization (CDSCO) and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) will come together to organize the portal.
In case they face any kind of difficulties, beneficiaries can call the helpline number.