[RORs]-Odisha-Town-Planning-Scheme

[ROR] Odisha Town Planning Scheme 2021 | Records of Rights to Villagers

Odisha Town Planning Scheme 2021 launched by CM Naveen Patnaik, government to distribute Rights Records (RoRs) to villagers, a development planned in OTPS initiative by the BDA, pooling of land for infrastructure development.

[RORs]-Odisha-Town-Planning-Scheme

Dear Readers, CM Naveen Patnaik launched the Odisha Town Planning Scheme (ओडिशा टाउन प्लानिंग योजना) to distribute the Record of Rights (ROR) to the villagers. Here in this article, you will be notified about the town planning application. Odisha Chief Minister launched the Town Planning Scheme 2021 on December 24, 2020. It is launched by the Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA). In this article, we will tell you the full details of this Scheme.

[Download PDF] Odisha Voter List 2021: Benefits, Check Online

Details of Odisha Town Planning Scheme

Odisha Town/City Planning Scheme 2020-21 is a project by the BDA to increase the density of city streets and improve accessibility. Cities are the engines of our economy’s growth. CM, therefore, focused on the planned development of cities in a sustainable manner and enabling organic growth while ensuring safety nets for the vulnerable departments.

At the official launch event of the Odisha Town Planning Scheme, CM distributed patents for land to residents of 4 villages located on the outskirts of the capital. The main objective of this scheme is to distribute the Records of Rights (RoRs) to the villagers.

Odisha Town Planning Scheme Highlights

Name of SchemeOdisha Town Planning Scheme
Launched ByBy the CM of Odisha
StateOdisha Govt. Schemes
BeneficiariesPeople of State
BenefitsDistribution of Rights Record (ROR) to villagers

Records of Rights for Villagers in Odisha – ओडिशा टाउन प्लानिंग योजना

Odisha CM distributed Records of Rights (RoR) to villagers in the following areas through video conferencing:-

  • Sahajpur
  • Naragoda
  • Sijupur
  • Paikarapur
Odisha-Town-Planning-Scheme

The Chief Minister mentioned that community partnership and citizen engagement are central focus areas for city development in Odisha. The state government gives high priority to these partnership models with the active participation of citizens. The primary aim of the Odisha Town Planning Scheme is to make the country a role model in urban development.

Odisha Town Planning Scheme Benefits

Once the Odisha Town/city planning scheme is executed, the city will be able to acquire land for general purposes such as: –

  • Low-income housing
  • Open spaces
  • Roads
  • Services
  • Social facilities

CM stated on his Twitter handler, “It has started a new era in the state in terms of planned development and hopes that the program will be completed on time and set an example for other cities. Currently, 45 towns have been implemented in 58 revenue villages in the state.”

The benefits of the Odisha city planning scheme will include increasing street density in the city, improving accessibility, reducing average journey lengths, and reducing road congestion. After securing approval by the state government for the final proposal, the Revenue and Disaster Management Department initiated the standard correction of the final plots of land in favor of the landowners.

Development Planned Under the Odisha Town Planning Scheme

This new plan for developing cities will be implemented in a time-bound way so that a model can be made to simulate the rest of the cities. Odisha Chief Minister Navin Patnaik praised the BDA for launching this scheme in partnership with landowners. This initiative is planned in a fair, transparent, and practical way for expanding cities.

Odisha-Town-Planning-Scheme-RoRs

Land Aggregation Method for Infrastructure Development in OTPS

With the Odisha Town Planning Scheme (OTPS), MDA will now adopt the method of land consolidation instead of traditional land acquisition. This land acquisition method will be followed under the OTPS scheme for infrastructure development and urban growth in Bhubaneswar and its environs. In the first phase, 358 numbers of equity will be distributed to the landowners of Sahajpur Village.

Under this scheme, the BDA would acquire 40 percent of the landowners’ area covering 746.70 acres of 4 Mouzas which are Sahajpur, Naragoda, Sijupur, and Paikarapur. Instead, the BDA will not provide any compensation but will ensure infrastructure development in the remaining 60% area.

Read More:

Odisha State Scholarship Portal – Top Scholarships for Students of Odisha at scholarship.odisha.gov.in
Odisha Balaram Yojana 2021: Eligibility, Registration Form, @agriodisha.nic.in

Here we have provided all the information about the “Odisha Town Planning Scheme“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.

My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.

Leave a Comment