Orunodoi Scheme 2.0 – The Assam government will provide monthly financial assistance to eligible beneficiaries to purchase medicines, pulses, and sugar whereby Rs 400 per family per month will be given to each beneficiary family to purchase medicines to take care of their health needs, Rs 200 per family per month to provide 50% subsidy for 4 kg of pulses consumed by the family in a month. And Rs 80 per month per household, which will effectively support 50% of the monthly expenditure they will spend on the 4 kg of sugar they will buy. home every month. Separately, each family will be provided with Rs 150 per month to purchase essential fruits and vegetables in addition to what they grow on their home farms. The medical and nutritional support will have a consolidated flow of Rs 830 per month for the family.
Post of Contents
Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2.0
‘Orunodoi‘ or Arunodoi Scheme is a new scheme of the Assam government launched on October 2, 2020. Under ‘Orunodoi’, cash benefits have been envisaged for more than 24 poor families in the state. The planning interest has been enhanced from 830/- to Rs. 1000/women. Women as the primary caretakers of the family are retained as beneficiaries of the scheme. The ‘Orunodoi’ scheme will provide financial assistance of Rs. 1,000 per month through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme to around 19.10 lakh families in the state.
Details of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
|Name of Scheme
|Assam Orunodoi Scheme
|2nd October 2020
|Government of Assam
|Finance Department of Assam
|To provide financial help to poor people
Objective Of the Orunodoi Scheme
“It is an ambitious and momentous step towards socio-economic empowerment. Assam’s 19.10 lakh families are getting Rs. 1,000 in their bank accounts.”
- The district-level monitoring committee may establish modalities for preparing the list of eligible beneficiaries strictly according to the guidelines. The initial selection of beneficiaries will be done at the Gaon Panchayat (GP) Village Council Development Committee (VCDC) and Urban Local Body (ULB) levels based on eligibility/ineligibility conditions.
- An undertaking checklist of eligibility/ineligibility conditions has been prepared for use at the GP / VCDC / ULB level and is attached as Appendix A. Only one checklist of these pledges should be prepared for each proposed beneficiary household.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme Subsidy Amount
Beneficiaries will also be responsible for the following support amount on different types of basic goods that they will purchase from shops: –
|50% subsidy for 4 kg of pulses
|50% subsidy for 4 kg of sugar
|Fruits and vegetable
Benefits Of the Orunodoi Scheme
- The Government of Assam runs this scheme for women who belong to low-income groups of society to support them financially.
- Orunodoi Scheme is also known as Arunodoi Scheme, the government makes this action plan specifically to support women families and low-income people, so the government provides those families with “substantial income assistance”.
- Each beneficiary will receive Rs 1,000 per month on the first date of every month.
- The Assam Orunodoi 2.0 scheme covers the expenses of medicines to take care of health needs amounting to Rs 400 per family, Rs.200 is given to each family for providing a 50% subsidy for 4 kg of pulses to the family, Rs.80 is given as a 50% subsidy for 4 kg of sugar, Rs.150 is given for fruits and vegetables and Rs. 170 is given for basic needs.
- This amount is standardized to Rs. 1000 per month for the family.
- Orunodoi Scheme 2.0 will provide financial assistance worth Rs. 1000 per month through direct benefit transfer (DBT).
Eligibility Beneficiaries Of Orunodoi Scheme
- An Ex-PRI Member has an annual income of less than 2 lakhs.
- To be a beneficiary of Orunodoi Asoni you have to be a woman.
- A family lives in a Kutcha House in the villages.
- Widowed women, separated females, physically challenged persons, unmarried girls (over 35 years), etc. were given priority at the time of selection of the beneficiary of the Assam Orunodoi Asoni.
- A family owning a maximum of 15 Bigha of land in the village is also eligible for the scheme.
- A maximum of 3 katha lands in small towns and 1.5 katha lands in Kamrup Metro are also eligible for this scheme.
The following people will get priority in the Assan Orunodoi scheme as per the official statement of the authorities:-
- Families with widows
- Unmarried women
- Families with divyang member
- Families with a divorced woman.
- Poor families who do not have ration cards for free rice will get preference.
- Poor families receiving National Food Security Scheme (NFSS) cards.
- Families who own two or three-wheelers, and tractors under SHGs can avail the benefits.
Not Eligible Beneficiary
The following people will not be eligible for the scheme:
- If any member of the family works under the government or PSUs, the family will not be entitled to the benefits of the scheme.
- Families with 15 bigha of land, four-wheelers, refrigerators, an income above Rs. 2 lahks, and private tractors are not eligible for the Orunodoi scheme.
- The family owns a washing machine or air conditioner
- If there are no female members in the family.
- Former and current Member of Parliament/Member of the Legislative Council.
- Government employees
- the doctors
- structural engineer
- Income tax payer
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN card
- Domicile of Assam
- Bank Account
- Bank Passbook
- 2 Photos
- Mobile number
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Self-declaration form
- Identity Card
- Voter id card
- Age Proof
Application Procedure Of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
The applicant must be well aware of the application criteria and must apply for the scheme before the last date of registration.
- An applicant who wants to apply for the Assam Orunodoi Scheme first needs to visit the official website – https://finance.assam.gov.in/.
- Now on the home page of the official website, you will get the PDF application form option
- Download the application form and fill out the Arunodoi scheme application form with all the mandatory details.
- Attach the required documents to the application form and submit them to the relevant department.
Offline Application Process
- The only way to apply for this scheme is through the application form.
- To benefit from the scheme, a family must nominate a woman from their home.
- After that, all information about the nominated woman must be filled out in the application form as follows:
- Applicant Details:
- Block/ULB Name
- Gram Panchayat/Town Name
- Village Name/Ward Number
- Locality in Town
- Applicant First Name
- Applicant Middle Name
- Applicant Last Name
- Age as of 01.04.2020
- House Number
- Police Station Name
- Pin Code
- Contact/Mobile Number
- Family Details:
- Relationship Status
- Priority Status: D – Divorced, S – Separated, W – Widow, DY – Divyang
- Bank Account Details:
- IFSC Code
- Bank Name
- Bank Branch Name
- Bank Account Number
- Annual Family Income
- Documents to be Attached:
- Bank Passbook First Page. (Yes or No)
- Priority Supporting Documents. (Yes or No)
- Any Other Document. (Yes or No)
- The duly filled application form must be submitted by the applicant to the nearest urban local body office or at the Gram Panchayat office.
- After submitting the application form, an acknowledgment slip will be provided to the applicant by the urban local body or gram panchayat office.
- This acknowledgment slip will be proof of submission of the applicant’s application form.
- Then various level committees carefully examine and verify the incoming applications.
After comprehensive verification, the list of selected and eligible beneficiaries will be uploaded to the portal and they will receive the amount transferred to their bank accounts on the first day of every month.
Arunodoi Scheme Beneficiary Status
- First, go to the official website of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme.
- The home page will appear in front of you. On the home page, you have to click on View Status.
- Now a list of regions will appear in front of you. Select the region.
- Now a new page will appear in front of you. On this new page, you must either enter your name or the beneficiary number. After that, you have to click on search.
- The application status will be on your screen.
How can I find my beneficiary number in Orunodoi?
Those who have applied for this scheme in the current year can also check the district-wise list and beneficiary status by visiting the concerned office/department like GP or ULB. If the applicant wants to know more about the scheme, he or she can visit the official portal of Orunodoi assam.gov.in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Orunodoi Scheme is also known as the Arunodoi Scheme, the government makes this action plan specifically to support women families and low-income families, so the government provides those families with “Substantial Earnings Assistance”.
First, go to the Aunodoi 2.0 portal. On the home page, scroll down and select the View Beneficiary Status option. When the beneficiary summary page opens, enter the 7-digit beneficiary number and click the search button.
Latest Updates of Assam Orunodoi Scheme – Beneficiaries of the program receive monthly financial assistance from the government of Rs 1,000. “Starting from October, Orunodoi beneficiaries will get Rs 1,250 every month. They will get an additional Rs 250 towards electricity expenses.
Beneficiaries of the Orunodoi Scheme can check the status of their payments by visiting the official website and entering the 7-digit beneficiary number. The website will provide a personalized web page where beneficiaries can view their payment status as well as other relevant account information.