Key features of PM Van Dhan Vikas Yojna | वन धन विकास योजना | Central Govt To Build 3000 Van Dhan Kendras | क्या है वन धन योजना? | Objective of Van Dhan Vikas Kendra Yojna
The central government launched Van Vikas Yojana in the 2018-19 financial year(FY). This is now happening and the creation of 3000 Van Dhan Kendras in 2020. This government scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself on April 14, 2018, on the birthday of Shri Baba Sahib Bhaimaru Ambedkar, creator of the constitution. Where the Modi government will now create Van Dan Kendra.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs will create 30,000 self-help groups across the country to build the centers. The main focus will be on developing forestry (non-wood production) and banning logging to make wood products in the country. Besides, the main objective will be forest development.
Pradhan Mantri Van Dan Vikas Yojana 2020
Van Dhan Mission is an initiative to generate livelihoods for the tribal community using non-wood forest products. The total value of the wealth received from forests, which is forest wealth, is two lakh crores annually.
In the first phase of Van Vikas Yojana, the government will start work in 115 ambitious regions and will be implemented later in all tribal areas. One of the schemes of Dan Yojana, Jan Dan Yojana, and Gobar Dan Yojana are among the major schemes of the Modi government.
Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana Highlights
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana|
|Initiated by||Ministry of tribal affairs|
|Beneficial for||Schedule area and schedule tribal people|
Key Features of Prime Minister Van Dan Vikas Yojana
Van Dhan Kendras will work for the people of the tribal area to increase their income, here are some important features:
- Centers will manufacture tamarind bricks, Mahua flower storage center, and chironji processing and cleaning facilities.
- TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India) has tasked the establishment of this experimental development center in the Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh to the CGMFP consortium and the Bijapur collectors will work to properly maintain coordination with each other.
- TRIFED started the work of a selected group of tribal beneficiaries and created a self-help group.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendra is created in the Panchayat Building so that the initial process can be started by self-help groups. After finishing his private building, the center will move to it.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendra will prove an important milestone in the economic development of the tribes included in the MFP group.
- Small Forest Products is a major livelihood for tribes living in the forest area. The importance of MFP to this section of society can be measured from this fact because about 100 million people who live in forests depend on MFP for food, shelter, medicine, and cash income.
Van Dan Vikas Kendra was established by the central government – वन धन योजना
About 3,000 forest wealth centers will be established in two years in the tribal areas of forest areas throughout the country. In 39 provinces with more than 50 percent of the tribal population, a proposal has been made to start this initiative on a priority basis. After that, the scheme will be expanded to include other tribal areas of the country. It was also suggested that a management committee consisting of self-help group representatives manage the centers at the local level.
Van Dhan Vikas Yojana will be implemented by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs as an important department at the central level and TRIFED as an important agency at the national level. State-level Nodal Agency for MFP and District Collector at Ground Level will play an important role in implementing the scheme.
Goal of Van Dan Vikas Kendra Yojana
Here are some of the main goals of Van Dhan Kendras that will work for members of the tribal community from grassroots to economic level:
- The aim of this initiative is to organize the tribal community on the ground level by increasing the price of MFPs at the basic level.
- In this context, the focus was on promoting livelihood-based development for community collectors and craftsmen.
- Through this initiative, the participation of tribes in the value chain of non-wood forest products is currently 20 percent and is expected to increase to about 60 percent.
- MFP or more conveniently referred to as NTFP is the primary source of income and livelihood for about 5 crores of the country’s tribes.
- Significantly, most of the country’s tribal areas are in forest areas. Tribal communities specialize in collecting and adding value to NTFP through traditional processes.
- For this reason, emphasis will be placed on this ideal model of tribal development based on local skills and resources.
Implementation of Van Dan Vikas Yojana
All of these states are covered in tribal schedule and schedule such as Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep and Puducherry.
Note – Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana was made for tribal workers. See during the lockdown period, tribal workers got a job from this scheme and they continued to earn even in difficult times – PIB India
Here we have provided all the information about the “Van Dhan Vikas Yojana“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
So, friends, I hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.