The central government started Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Vikas Yojana in the financial year 2018-19, which is now moving forward and creating 3000 Van Dhan Kendras in 2020. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched this government scheme on April 14, 2018.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs will create 30,000 self-help groups across the country to build the centers. The main focus will be on developing forestry and banning logging for making wood products in the country. Besides, the main objective will be forest development.
Read More: Mukhyamantri Gramodyog Rojgar Yojana 2023: Benefits, Application Form, Download PDF
Key features of Prime Minister Van Dhan Vikas Yojna
Van Dan Kendras will work for the people of the tribal region with a view to increasing their income. Here are some important features:
- Initially, these centers will manufacture tamarind bricks, Mahwah flower storage centers, and processing facilities for chironji cleaning and packing.
- TRIFED (India’s Tribal Collaborative Marketing Development Association) has tasked the establishment of this experimental development center in the Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh to the CGMFP consortium and the Bijapur collectors will work to maintain coordination between them correctly.
- A selection of tribal beneficiaries has started work and the creation of a Self Help Group (SHG) by TRIFED. Her training is expected to start on April 10, 2018.
- Initially, Van Dhan Vikas Kendra is created in the Panchayat building so that the initial process can be started by self-help groups. After completing his private building, the center will move to it.
- Van Dhan Vikas Kendra will prove to be an important milestone in the economic development of the tribes involved in collecting MFPs. What will help them make optimal use of natural resources and sustainable livelihoods based on MFPs in MFP-rich areas?
- Small Forest Products (MFP) are a major livelihood for tribes living in the forest area. The importance of MFP to this section of society can be gauged from this fact because about 100 million people who live in the forest depend on MFP for food, shelter, medicine, and cash income.
Objective of Van Dhan Vikas Kendra Yojna
Here are some of the main goals of Van Dhan Kendras that will work for members of the tribal community from the grassroots to the economic level:
- The aim of this initiative is to organize the tribal community on the ground level by increasing the price of MFPs at the basic level.
- In this context, the focus was on promoting livelihood-based development for forest collectors and craftsmen.
- Through this initiative, the participation of tribal people in the value chain of non-wood forest products is currently 20 percent and is expected to increase to about 60 percent.
- MFP conveniently referred to as non-wood forest products (NTFP), is the main source of income and livelihood for around 5 crores of the country’s tribes.
- Significantly, most of the country’s tribal areas are in forest areas. Tribal communities specialize in collecting and adding value to NTFP through traditional processes.
- This is why this tribal development model based on local skills and resources will be the center of NTFP.
The government of India and the Ministry of Tribes want to increase the income of the tribes behind the implementation of this scheme because if tribal societies are isolated from the modern sector, they will have no other means than income from forest products.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs is constantly working to improve the situation and direction of the country’s tribal society. With this in mind, the construction of Van Dhan Vikas Kendras began.
VANDHAN YOJNA Links
Here we have provided all the information about the “Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Vikas Yojana“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.