The government has provided many facilities for peoples with disabilities, which helps them meet the needs of their daily lives and make them easier. In this way, the Government of India has now brought a “Swavalamban/UDID Card” for the disabled. People with disabilities in India can benefit from many schemes with the Swavalamban Card.
A UDID will be given a unique ID to all peoples with disabilities. People with disabilities will receive a UDID number. Thus, the disabled will not have to roam with certificates. The unique card will contain all the information related to Divyang, and this information will be online.
Unique Disability ID Card Details
As you know above, people with disabilities(PWD) must suffer a lot during their lifetime. For this reason, the Government of India, to help persons with disabilities to live happily, has announced a UDID card. The handicapped will now be identified with “Swavlamban / UDID Card“.
With this card, persons with disabilities will be able to benefit from government schemes anywhere in the country. People with disabilities must register online for this. By registering, a database can be created at the block, district, state, and national levels, so that persons with disabilities can be easily identified.
Benefits of Swavalamban Card (UDID) – Unique Disability
- All information related to Divyang will be on a unique ID card.
- It will be a multi-purpose smart card. However, Divyang will not have to roam with any type of certification.
- There will be a chip in this smart card itself. It will contain all information related to Divyang.
- For this, Divyang’s welfare management software system is installed. Once in, the relevant officer approves the UDID and sends it by post to the address of the person with disabilities.
- Beneficiaries will not have to make different copies of the UDID card mentioned by the competent authority.
- The card will be one document for verification and identification of persons with disabilities and you will receive many benefits for them in the future.
- The UDID card will help track the material and financial progress of the beneficiary at all levels of the implementation hierarchy.
Documents required for a disability ID – यूनिक विकलांगता आईडी कार्ड
- Aadhar card
- Caste certification
- Income certificate
- Bank statement
- Permanent residence certificate
How to apply online for a unique disability ID card
To apply online for a Swavalamban card, you need to follow the steps below:
- First, visit the official website of the Unique Disability ID.
- After that, a new page will open on the screen.
- On this page, you should click on the link “Apply for Disability Certificate and UDID Card“.
- By clicking here, a form will be opened in front of you.
- Now you read the instructions and fill out the online application form.
- Upload all required documents like Aadhar Card, Caste Certificate, etc.
- Then next, send the application form to the CMO / Medical Commission office.
- This way, you can apply.
How to apply offline for a unique disability ID card
If you have any problem applying online. So you can apply for this work offline as well:
- For the offline, you must download the Unique Disability ID registration form(Link Below).
- Click on the link to download(Below) the Unique Disability ID form in PDF format.
- After downloading the form, all information required in it must be carefully filled out.
- Then, after attaching a copy of the document, the completed application form must be submitted to the Medical Administration/Medical Authority office.
UDID Card List of Beneficiaries and Project Status
The total number of these areas and beneficiaries is mentioned below:
|State Name||Districts making UDID cards||Beneficiary|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||1/3||118|
|21 States||421/507||7,24,662 (As on 29 May 2018)|
Important link – PDF and Website Links (Disability Helpline Number)
|Offline UDID Card Application Format||Click Here|
|Procedural Guidelines||Click Here|
|UDID Card Project Objectives||Click Here|
|UDID Card Login||Click Here|
|UDID Card Application status||Click Here|
|UDID Card Project Status||Click Here|
|Apply for Lost UDID Card||Click Here|
|Apply for disability certificate and UDID card renewal||Click Here|
|District Welfare Office – Helpline Number||Click Here|
|All Employment Schemes||Click Here|
Here we have provided all the information about the “Unique Disability ID Card“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.