Complete Details of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) 2023 | आम आदमी बीमा योजना (AABY) क्या है? | आम आदमी विमा योजना | pradhan mantri aam aadmi bima yojana 2022 23 | Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) in Hindi / English
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) / आम आदमी बीमा योजना – Dear readers, the poor and the economically weakest sections in society rarely get insurance coverage for themselves against death and disability. However, they are vulnerable to death and natural or accidental disability and when the breadwinner of the family faces these emergencies, the family suffers a financial loss.
It becomes difficult for economically weaker groups in society to arrange insurance coverage due to affordability. This is the reason why the Government of India has launched many social security schemes for the poor. These schemes are intended to provide social welfare benefits, and Aam Admi Bima Yojana is one of the social security programs launched by the government.
What is the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana in Detail?
Aam Admi Bima Yojana is a Social Security Scheme that was launched on October 2, 2007, to provide group insurance coverage for individuals belonging to specific groups. The scheme provides insurance coverage against natural and accidental death and disability. On January 1st, the Aam Admi Bima Yojana Scheme was merged with the Janashree Bima Yojana Scheme to provide a wider range of coverage for eligible individuals.
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana covers natural death / accidental death, total permanent disability, and partial permanent disability. The scheme provides coverage for individuals residing in rural areas and individuals living below the poverty line.
Features of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY)
- Guaranteed/Sponsored Premiums: The premium charged varies from state to state, with 50% subsidized and paid from the government’s Social Security Fund. The remaining 50% is paid either by the nodal agency, union territory, state government, or central government, depending on the professional group the recipient belongs to. Hence, the bonus of this social security scheme is fully funded by the government.
- Easy enrollment/registration: It does not require lengthy paperwork or complicated procedures. The registration process is simple and hassle-free. Beneficiaries only need to show proof of identity to register with AABY.
- Claim Process: The process for claiming insurance again is very simple. All the policyholder has to do is show the AABY card and the claim will be settled automatically.
- Quick Assistance: In case of any queries, policyholders can contact the nearest branch of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) by calling the person in charge or sending an email.
Salient Features of the AABY Scheme
Here are the highlights of the Adam Bima Yojana general scheme –
- The scheme includes natural death, accidental death, partial permanent disability resulting from an accident, and permanent total disability resulting from an accident.
- The scheme covers members of 48 groups that have been identified for the purpose of coverage.
- The coverage amount is fixed and the amount depends on the emergency you incurred.
- A lump sum is payable for coverage in the event of a claim.
- The scheme is implemented through a contractual agency. A nodal agency can be a state government, central ministry department, union territory, institutional arrangement, or registered NGO designated to implement the scheme.
- The scheme can be purchased through the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) which is the only insurance company currently offering the scheme.
Benefits of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
The benefits under the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana scheme are as follows:
- Accidental death coverage
- Disability coverage
- Death from natural causes
- Scholarship benefits
Eligibility Criteria for Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
Here are the basic requirements to apply for Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 59.
- Ideally, the applicant should be the head of the household or a family member earning income from a family below the poverty line (BPL) or marginally above the poverty line within a specific professional group / rural household without land.
- Some documents are also required.
- Only one family member will be eligible.
Who can be covered under an Aam Admi Bima Yojana scheme?
There are some eligibility criteria to benefit from coverage under the Aam Admi Bima Yojana Scheme. These parameters are as follows –
- Only one person per family can be covered. Coverage is allowed for either the family members who are earning the earnings or the head of the family as it is covered by the family.
- The age of insured must be between 18 and 59 years old.
- The individual must belong to a family below the poverty line (BPL) or a family above the poverty line that belongs to the occupational group specified under the scheme or belongs to a rural family that does not own land.
- 48 professional/vocational groups have been identified under the scheme and members belonging to these groups can be covered.
The specific groups are as follows –
|Beedi workers||Brick kiln workers||Cobblers||Carpenters|
|Fishermen||Handloom weavers||Hamals||Handicraft artisans|
|Handloom and Khadi weavers||Leather and tannery workers||Lady tailors||Physically handicapped people who are self-employed|
|Papad workers who are associated with SEWA||Primary milk producers||Auto drivers or rickshaw pullers||Slat growers|
|Safai karamacharis||Tendu leaf collectors||Forest workers||Scheme for the urban poor|
|Sericulture||Forest workers||Powerloom workers||Toddy tappers|
|Women of hilly areas||Textile||Manufacture of wood products||Manufacture of leather products|
|Foodstuffs like sugar or khandsari||Manufacture of paper products||Rubber and coal products||Printing|
|Mineral products like earthen toys manufacture||Chemical products like candle manufacture||Transport drivers association||Agriculturists|
|Rural poor||Transport karamacharis||Firecrackers’ workers||Construction workers|
|Aanganwadi teachers||Coconut processors||Plantation workers||Kotwal|
|Sheep breeders||Women associated with self-help groups||Overseas Indian workers||Unorganized workers covered under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana|
What is covered under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY)?
- Death due to natural causes: The scheme provides compensation to family members of the deceased. At the time of claiming, the death certificate of the policyholder has to be submitted.
- Death due to accident: If the insured meets with a fatal accident, surviving members of the insured can claim the compensation amount. However, a medical certificate stating that the death was due to an accident is a must.
- Partial disability or permanent total disability: If due to an unfortunate incident, the policyholder suffers a partial disability such as loss of one eye or limb, or permanent total disability such as loss of both eyes and both limbs, then AABY provides coverage of a certain amount to the family members.
The coverage amount for each coverage benefit is as follows –
|Contingency suffered||Sum insured payable|
|Natural death||INR 30,000|
|Accidental death||INR 75,000|
|Accidental permanent total disability||INR 75,000|
|Accidental permanent partial disability||INR 37,500|
|Scholarship Benefit||INR 100 per month per child|
What is not covered?
There are some excluded coverage instances in the Aam Admi Bima Yojana scheme. These include death or disability arising out of the following –
- Self-inflicted injuries or attempted suicide
- Insanity or mental disorders
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- War or related perils
- Chemical, radioactive or biological weapons
- Participating in dangerous and adventurous sports
- Criminal acts or activities which breach the law
- Moreover, medical expenses which are incurred due to an accident are not covered.
What is the Premium under the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
The premium that has to be paid by a member is initially charged at Rs.200/- per annum for each member for a basic cover of Rs.30,000/-. Half of this amount is subsidized by the Social Security Fund. In the case of a Rural Landless Household (RLH), the remaining 50 % premium is borne by the State Government/ Union Territory. In the case of another occupational group, the remaining 50% premium shall be borne by the Nodal Agency and/or State Government/ or Member and Union Territory.
Procedure to Claim Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
The death or disability claims which are under this scheme are supposed to be settled by the P&GS Unit of LIC. They make a direct payment to the beneficiaries through NEFT. In the case that there isn’t an NEFT facility available, the money for the claim is directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries. This would also require prior approval from the competent authority, the A/C payee cheque or claim can be paid by any other mode as decided by LIC.
Death Claim Procedure
- In the event of the death of the member during the period of coverage and while the policy is in force, an application has to be made by his/her nominee.
- This application should be made along with a Death Certificate for payment of the claim amount to the designated official of the Nodal Agency.
- The designated official of the particular Nodal Agency has to then verify the claim papers.
- The officer will then submit the documentation and application along with the death certificate and a certificate that the deceased member was a head /earning member of the family belonging to the BPL/Marginally above BPL family under the eligible occupations under the scheme.
- Nodal Agency has to submit the following with the application – A claim Form duly completed in all respects / Original death certificate along with a copy duly attested.
How To Apply आम आदमी विमा योजना [Marathi]
|अ क्र||योजना||सविस्तर माहिती|
|1||योजनेचे नाव||आम आदमी विमा योजना|
|2||योजनेचा प्रकार||केंद्र पुरस्कृत योजना|
|3||योजनेचा उददेश||विमा संरक्षण व शिष्यवृत्ती|
|4||योजना ज्या प्रवर्गासाठी लागू आहे त्याचे नाव||सर्व प्रवर्गातील व्यक्तींना लागू आहे.|
|5||योजनेच्या प्रमुख अटी||ग्रामीण भागातील 18 ते 59 वयोगटातील भूमिहीन शेतमजूरांना तसेच 2.5 एकर पेक्षा कमी बागायती व 5 एकर पेक्षा कमी जिरायती शेतजमीन धारण करणाऱ्यांना या योजनेंतर्गत लाभ देण्यात येतो. वार्षिक विम्याचा हप्ता रु.200/- इतका असून केंद्र शासनामार्फत रु.100/- व राज्य शासनामार्फत रु.100/- इतका विम्याचा हप्ता भारतीय आयुर्विमा महामंडळाला देण्यात येतो.|
|6||दिल्या जाणा-या लाभाचे स्वरुप||या योजनेंतर्गत खालीलप्रमाणे घटना घडल्यास लाभार्थ्यांच्या वारसास / लाभार्थ्यास रक्कम देण्यात येते.नैसर्गिक मृत्यू – रु. 30,000/-अपघाती मृत्यू – रु.75, 000/-अपघातामुळे कायमचे अपंग – रु.75, 000/-अपघातामुळे दोन्ही डोळे वा दोन्ही पाय गमावल्यास – रु.75, 000/-अपघातामुळे एक डोळा वा एक पाय गमावल्यास – रु.37, 500/-या योजनेंतर्गत लाभार्थ्याच्या नववी ते बारावी इयत्तेत शिकणाऱ्या दोन मुलांना रु.100/- प्रतिमहा प्रति विद्यार्थी शिष्यवृत्ती देण्यात येते.|
|7||अर्ज करण्याची पध्दत||अर्जदार जिल्हाधिकारी कार्यालय/ तहसलिदार संजय गांधी योजना/तलाठी कार्यालय या ठिकाणी अर्ज करु शकतो|
|8||योजनेची वर्गवारी||विमा संरक्षण व शिष्यवृत्ती|
|9||संपर्क कार्यालयाचे नाव||जिल्हाधिकारी कार्यालय/ तहसलिदार संजय गांधी योजना/तलाठी कार्यालय|
Aam Aadmi Vima Yojana [Mahabharata – English]
|1||Name of the scheme||Aam Aadmi Vima Yojana|
|2||Type of plan||Center-sponsored scheme|
|3||The purpose of the plan||Insurance protection and scholarship|
|4||Name of the category for which the scheme is applicable||Applicable to all categories of individuals.|
|5||Key terms of the scheme||The scheme provides benefits to landless agricultural laborers in the age group of 18 to 59 years in rural areas as well as those holding less than 2.5 acres of horticultural and less than 5 acres of arable land. The annual premium is Rs.200 / – and the premium of Rs.100 / – is paid by the Central Government and Rs.100 / – by the State Government to the Life Insurance Corporation of India.|
|6||The nature of the benefits paid||Under this scheme, in the case of the following incidents, the amount is paid to the beneficiary’s heir/beneficiary. Natural Death – Rs. 30,000 / -Accidental Death – Rs.75,000 / -Permanent Disability due to Accident – Rs.75,000 / -Loss of both eyes or both legs due to accident – Rs.75,000 / -Loss of one eye or one leg due to accident – Rs.37,500 / -Under this scheme, Rs.100 / – per month per student is given to two beneficiaries studying in class IX to XII.|
|7||How to apply||Applicant can apply at Collectorate / Tehsildar Sanjay Gandhi Yojana / Talathi Office|
|8||Classification of the scheme||Insurance protection and scholarship|
|9||Name of the liaison office||Collector Office / Tehsildar Sanjay Gandhi Yojana / Talathi Office|
Life Insurance Corporation of India Official Website Link Here – https://licindia.in/Home.aspx
ONLINE SERVICES of licindia
- Agent’s Helpline Module
- Online Loan
- Online Payment
- Download Forms – Claim Forms
- Customer Portal
- Premium Calculator
- NRI Customers
- Agents Portal
- Pay Premium Online
- Pension and Group Schemes
- Merchant Portal
- Dev. Officers/Bill Pay Enquiry
- SSS PA Portal
Life Insurance Corporation of India Helpline Number [LIC MITRA] – https://licindia.in/Customer-Services/Phone-Help-Line?lang=hi-IN
More Details – https://www.turtlemint.com/life-insurance-companies/lic-of-india/government-and-micro-insurance-plans/aam-admi-bima-yojana/
FAQs for Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana by Govt. of India. The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna covers natural death/accidental death, permanent total disability, and partial permanent disability. The scheme provides coverage to individuals residing in rural areas and individuals who are below the poverty line.
With the aim of providing social security to occupational groups within this sector, the Government of India launched the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) in October 2007.
The scheme is currently only offered by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). Thus, interested applicants can only benefit from coverage from LIC through its approved contract agencies.
There is a fund called “Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Premium Fund”, which was set up by the central government to pay the central government contribution. This fund is maintained by LIC. Under AABY, there is also a free additional benefit in the form of Scholarships for Children.
Here we have provided all the information about the “Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY)“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
My friends, I hope you liked this article and got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.